tbtc
Veteran Member
Some stations can't take longer trains...
...any service that skipped shorter stations wouldn't be that much faster (due to the frequency of the current stoppers/ the number of slowish freight paths etc)...
...the only "fast" service I can remember on the NLL was the Anglia service from Norwich/ Ipswich through to Basingstoke?
Happy to be corrected, of course - I started out wondering whether there was any scope in having some longer services that only stopped at the longer stations - don't think it'd work though. Plus it'd mess up the "turn up and go" simplicity of the current service.
...any service that skipped shorter stations wouldn't be that much faster (due to the frequency of the current stoppers/ the number of slowish freight paths etc)...
...the only "fast" service I can remember on the NLL was the Anglia service from Norwich/ Ipswich through to Basingstoke?
Happy to be corrected, of course - I started out wondering whether there was any scope in having some longer services that only stopped at the longer stations - don't think it'd work though. Plus it'd mess up the "turn up and go" simplicity of the current service.