londonteacher
Member
I'm not an expert and don't claim to be but it appears that there is a major issue with fare evasion. I'm not saying that it's new because I am fully aware that it's not. But, what more could be done to stop this?
We have a few threads on here where people openly admit to travelling either without a correct ticket or without one completely and they seem to think that as its the first time they were caught they should get away with it. This suggests they have done this multiple times so the lost revenue must be high!
There are no easy solutions as ticket barriers are expensive and require them to be banned (I think so anyway) and the railway simply can't afford it!
What do you think?
We have a few threads on here where people openly admit to travelling either without a correct ticket or without one completely and they seem to think that as its the first time they were caught they should get away with it. This suggests they have done this multiple times so the lost revenue must be high!
There are no easy solutions as ticket barriers are expensive and require them to be banned (I think so anyway) and the railway simply can't afford it!
What do you think?