I have clear ideas about my favourite seats when travelling by rail.
Ideally I will take a backwards facing seat at a table for two in the middle of the quiet coach. If there are any cabin division screens I like my back to one of them.
What are your favourite seats?
East Coast 225 1ST
K29 northbound and K31 southbound (these seats also have a dance floor next to them because the carriage switches from 1-2 config to 2-1 config in the middle)
Second preference: K13 northbound and K11 southbound
Virgin Pendolino 1ST
H15 northbound and H18 southbound
Second preference: H21 northbound and H30 southbound
Commuter services 1ST
Window seat on a table of four facing backwards to travel and in the corner with back to the wall with the door - I find that on off-peak services these seats are extremely private as the cabin is nearly always empty and nobody looking through the glass door will see me!
Ideally I will take a backwards facing seat at a table for two in the middle of the quiet coach. If there are any cabin division screens I like my back to one of them.
What are your favourite seats?

East Coast 225 1ST
K29 northbound and K31 southbound (these seats also have a dance floor next to them because the carriage switches from 1-2 config to 2-1 config in the middle)
Second preference: K13 northbound and K11 southbound
Virgin Pendolino 1ST
H15 northbound and H18 southbound
Second preference: H21 northbound and H30 southbound
Commuter services 1ST
Window seat on a table of four facing backwards to travel and in the corner with back to the wall with the door - I find that on off-peak services these seats are extremely private as the cabin is nearly always empty and nobody looking through the glass door will see me!
Last edited: