alistairlees
Established Member
- Joined
- 29 Dec 2016
- Messages
- 4,421
All Christmas, Easter and other bank holiday engineering works should be scrapped. Major engineering works should take place during the normal week and lines shut as necessary - cost savings would be enormous
I would completely agree. Though maybe for a different reason. Engineering works - focused as they are at weekends and at holiday times - essentially target those who are new to rail, or maybe very occasional travellers. And what does it do? Put them off, of course. So preventing growth by acquiring new customers. Which is what any business wants.
This is all because Network Rail has no idea about different types of customer - it simply equates them all (regular travellers and first time travellers) as being the same.
If I wanted a strategy to put off new customers, engineering works, bustitutions and general disruption on the days they are most likely to want to travel is exactly what I would do.
