• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is the most 'interesting' ticket that you can get from a TVM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex17595

Member
Joined
15 Mar 2013
Messages
1,160
Location
Burton on Trent
Hi guys, TVMs are well known for not having tickets that people may want (Rovers/ PTE products) but what tickets can you get from them that you may not have expected to.

For example;

- Boundary Zone tickets from some Southern TVM
- I was playing around with the TVM at Diss while waiting for a train and found that these sell tickets to Jersey/Guernsey (only undiscounted singles though)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
1,975
Arriva s&b TVM's there is a ticket to "UNUSED". Rather expensive also.
 

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
The other week I was looking through one of the LUL machines at Waterloo and I found it offered a platform ticket for £1! :D
 

Railsigns

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2010
Messages
2,754
I'm not sure how common either of these 'tickets' are:

voidvoid.jpg
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Quite common the first one. I have only seen the second one once, but around ten were chucked out at the same time.
 

CarltonA

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2012
Messages
878
Location
Thames Valley
I was once issued a travelcard by a TVM together with a blank ticket. I briefly considered discarding the blank. Fortunately I kept it as the printed ticket would not work any barriers and the blank worked them instead. :?
 

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,351
Location
Bolton
I was once issued a travelcard by a TVM together with a blank ticket. I briefly considered discarding the blank. Fortunately I kept it as the printed ticket would not work any barriers and the blank worked them instead. :?

Gosh and that wouldn't look suspicious! If somebody saw you put a blank ticket through a barrier and it worked!? I assume they were stuck together in the machine?
 

317666

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2009
Messages
1,775
Location
East Anglia
You can buy an Anglia Rover from ticket machines in the rover area, but you have to type 'Anglia Plus' as a destination and it prints out as a Day Single to Anglia Plus!
 

tsr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
7,400
Location
Between the parallel lines
That's useful to know.

I had a play at Worcester today, what would the permitted route to go to Jersey be? http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=DTW&dest=JSY :lol:

"Not via High Seas 1"? ;)

In seriousness... presumably any permitted route from the destination station to the station(s) nearest to any Condor Ferries terminal(s) which has/have services operating to Jersey, and vice versa.
 

alex17595

Member
Joined
15 Mar 2013
Messages
1,160
Location
Burton on Trent
"Not via High Seas 1"? ;)

In seriousness... presumably any permitted route from the destination station to the station(s) nearest to any Condor Ferries terminal(s) which has/have services operating to Jersey, and vice versa.

Probably the direct train to Weymouth from Worcester
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top