• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is off peak on FRIDAY 3rd January 2025?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanstallon

Member
Joined
18 Dec 2015
Messages
1,063
I have booked on line for a rail trip starting from Penryn (Cornwall) at 07.56 to Totnes on Friday 3rd January 2025, coming back the same day. To my pleasant surprise I was shown an off peak fare with my local railcard, and it was GWR who issued my ticket (to collect from the TVM at Penryn). I have tried to find out whether there is a relaxation in the 'twixtmas' period. Can anyone please reassure me?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,792
Location
UK
GWR have decided to lift Off-Peak restrictions for that date, for the fares they control. So you are correct, you can use the Off-Peak fare at any time that day.
 

nanstallon

Member
Joined
18 Dec 2015
Messages
1,063
GWR have decided to lift Off-Peak restrictions for that date, for the fares they control. So you are correct, you can use the Off-Peak fare at any time that day.
Many thanks. I was a bit worried that the ticketing on line process had gone wrong as I couldn't find anything on their website to say that the off peak restrictions had been lifted. Does this relaxation apply to all TOCs?
 
Last edited:

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Joined
12 Jan 2017
Messages
2,959
Many thanks. I was a bit worried that the ticketing on line process had gone wrong as I couldn't find anything on their website to say that the off peak restrictions had been lifted.

Not publicising it is GWR's way of adding to the festive frisson of excitement and uncertainty that can surround travelling over Christmas.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top