• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What historic livery is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jagdpanther

Member
Joined
31 Oct 2016
Messages
59
Location
County durham
There are some very funny replies on this thread which really gave me a good laugh, and believe me I could do with some at the moment so thanks.
On the subject of the mint 'Pacers' weren't they originally marketed as 'Opal mints', or did I imagine it? I'm not a big mint lover but thought they were pretty good.
Yes I remember Pacers being originally called Opal Mints
 

pieguyrob

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2018
Messages
573
Just to keep the thread on topic, all the afore mentioned sweets and chocolate were available when the 141's were in the white and green livery.........
 

pieguyrob

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2018
Messages
573
..... Talking of which, the 141's used to go to York on the Harrogate circle. Yorkie chocolate has shrunk from 6 pieces to 5 pieces. When you took the paper wrapper off and undid the tin foil, it would say YORKIE on it. I suppose the truck on the easter egg boxes took the speedlink traffic seen in the video, from the railway to the road network?
 

Bedpan

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
1,299
Location
Harpenden
Sprinters were always rare in Hertfordshire

Indeed I'm beginning to realise that they are (although the wheeled versions have been seen on the St Albans Abbey branch before now)! In fact probably rare throughout the UK. I seem to have kippered myself by trying to come up with a humorous response to the posts about pacers, further research has led me to believe that Sprinters are only sold at Australian branches of Aldi! :oops:


sprinters.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top