• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What happens if I miss a connection on split advances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyR

Member
Joined
28 Mar 2013
Messages
244
Location
Preston
Not enough time unless you are cycling! Its 12 mins on the H&C line ( get off at the back not the front of the train. The front is nearest the Circle Line entrance but the Circle Line is no longer a Circle but is broken and requires a change at Edgware Rd). Its about 6 mins between trains so you need to allow 20 mins Tube platform to Tube platform plus time to get from train to platform and back.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ramitamimi

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2012
Messages
30
Try to come earlier to the platform , in order to catch the previos train from Chester ,ask the guard (or TM on Virgin) ,if you could get the earlier train,should not be a problem.

Also if you have a few minutes to spare in PAD,have a look at the First Class lounge ,on platform 1
 

lemonic

Member
Joined
17 Sep 2010
Messages
497
Also if you have a few minutes to spare in PAD,have a look at the First Class lounge ,on platform 1

The excellent First Class lounge at Paddington is unfortunately closed on Saturdays and the OP is travelling on a Saturday. But I don't think they'll have a few minutes to spare at PAD in any case.
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
Got me thinking about a time when I made it off the H&C line platforms at Paddington to a Greenford train in 1 minute. I was with member Trainboy98 at the time.

It takes quite a bit longer now from the H&C platforms to the mainline platforms at Paddington. You now have to go via the new H&C entrance and round the outside and on to the footbridge. Takes a good 3 or 4 minutes longer.
 

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
It takes quite a bit longer now from the H&C platforms to the mainline platforms at Paddington. You now have to go via the new H&C entrance and round the outside and on to the footbridge. Takes a good 3 or 4 minutes longer.

This is the way we went, surprised we did it!

DaveNewcastle-I am fully aware that I have not got a valid connection (which as you know is 43 minutes) . I am changing my outbound ticket and taking the risk with my return ticket. I have 37 minutes and if I ran I should make it to Euston. I am fully aware that I am liable for paying for a new ticket in the event I dont make it for the 16:10 from Euston.

DJ737-I am staying in Cardigan bay but going via London to Pembroke Dock for route coverage purposes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top