I was travelling from Liverpool to Sandwell yesterday (21/09/2019). Upon leaving Liverpool I got chatting to an elderly man who had come from Bangor at 18:10, wanted to get to London but found himself in Liverpool. He had managed to get to Chester, then for the next train to Runcorn had been directed by a staff member to a train that went to Liverpool instead.
The problem then was that the last train BHM -> Euston would already have left by the time we got there. I managed to find a night National Express from Wolverhampton to Heathrow so we alighted there with him planning on getting that.
He asked a member of staff on platform at Wolves if there was any way of getting to London to which the staff member said get yourself to BHM and they'll get you home or put you up.
The issue I can see is that had he got the right train at Chester he'd have made the connection at Runcorn and wouldn't have been caught up.
He left Wolves at 22:17 - just wondering if anyone else was going BHM -> London around 22:30 and whether he would have got home safely. He had a Bangor -> London Stations Any route permitted ticket.
The problem then was that the last train BHM -> Euston would already have left by the time we got there. I managed to find a night National Express from Wolverhampton to Heathrow so we alighted there with him planning on getting that.
He asked a member of staff on platform at Wolves if there was any way of getting to London to which the staff member said get yourself to BHM and they'll get you home or put you up.
The issue I can see is that had he got the right train at Chester he'd have made the connection at Runcorn and wouldn't have been caught up.
He left Wolves at 22:17 - just wondering if anyone else was going BHM -> London around 22:30 and whether he would have got home safely. He had a Bangor -> London Stations Any route permitted ticket.