mallangong
Member
- Joined
- 26 Mar 2010
- Messages
- 14
Morning,
10 of us were left waiting at Biggleswade this morning for the 0718 which didn't turn up. No announcements and the ticket office was not open. Interestingly a train heading to Peterborough pulled into platform 4 at circa 0725. It remained there so I assumed that there must be a problem on the line and that they may send that unit back to KGX.
After a 10 minute wait I saw the driver walk through the train and swap ends, so was waiting for him to shout over or for an announcement. Nothing. I could see the doors were locked so there would have been no point running over anyway.
A fellow passenger called NR who stated that the train had departed at 0718 and that he must have missed it! When the ticket office did open he could only say that it had been scheduled to depart on time.
Am I alone in thinking this lack of information is shocking? Does anybody know what actually happened to the 0718?
Ta.
10 of us were left waiting at Biggleswade this morning for the 0718 which didn't turn up. No announcements and the ticket office was not open. Interestingly a train heading to Peterborough pulled into platform 4 at circa 0725. It remained there so I assumed that there must be a problem on the line and that they may send that unit back to KGX.
After a 10 minute wait I saw the driver walk through the train and swap ends, so was waiting for him to shout over or for an announcement. Nothing. I could see the doors were locked so there would have been no point running over anyway.
A fellow passenger called NR who stated that the train had departed at 0718 and that he must have missed it! When the ticket office did open he could only say that it had been scheduled to depart on time.
Am I alone in thinking this lack of information is shocking? Does anybody know what actually happened to the 0718?
Ta.