• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What do you regret NOT doing during lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

birchesgreen

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2015
Messages
7,677
Location
Solihull
A bit of a strange question maybe but if the clock was rewound back to March and you had to go through lockdown again what would you do differently?

For me it would have been buying a bicycle. I really regret not taking advantage of the quiet roads in April.

Oh and buy more bog roll in February...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2014
Messages
16,060
Location
St Albans
A bit of a strange question maybe but if the clock was rewound back to March and you had to go through lockdown again what would you do differently?

For me it would have been buying a bicycle. I really regret not taking advantage of the quiet roads in April.

Oh and buy more bog roll in February...
For me, spending more time out with a camera, - especially a video camera. Footage from those street scenes at the height of the restrictions will be viewed for years to come.
 

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Joined
3 May 2015
Messages
15,214
If my kids were older and needed less attention, I'd totally have built a model railway...
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,012
Location
London
Reading more. I had lots of time too, even whilst still working but just never got into a good book.
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,681
Part of me regrets not going out more and seeing the empty streets etc - would have been interesting to go into Central London. But at the time the stipulation was "don't", and they had not yet lost all respect...

And part of me regrets not being furloughed/on permanent work from home, and having the opportunity to spend the time freely - but then again, I would have probably gone mad .
 

Journeyman

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2014
Messages
6,295
And part of me regrets not being furloughed/on permanent work from home, and having the opportunity to spend the time freely - but then again, I would have probably gone mad .

That's been the hardest thing for me - my work dried up almost instantly, and I suddenly found myself stuck at home with absolutely nothing to do. It was absolute torture until things started opening up again. Work has only picked up for me in the last couple of weeks.

As has already been said, I wish I'd read more, and I also wish I'd written more. It's something I'd like to do professionally, and I've made a small start, but I could have done more.
 
Last edited:
Joined
11 Dec 2018
Messages
54
Getting a lockdown girlfriend/partner before it all took off in March. Living by myself hasn't always been easy during this.
 

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,080
Getting a lockdown girlfriend/partner before it all took off in March. Living by myself hasn't always been easy during this.

What you said plus maybe cycling but my bike was knackered almost beyond repair so had to make do with walks some of which were socially distanced with friends.

Then again I only split up with my previous girlfriend at the end of '19 and I'm not usually one to enter a relationship less than a few months post-split. Thinking about things we only really had January, February and two weeks in March before it all kicked off here.
 

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Joined
3 May 2015
Messages
15,214
Getting a lockdown girlfriend/partner before it all took off in March. Living by myself hasn't always been easy during this.

I honestly feel for those who were in the early days of relationships during March. You can't kindle the 'spark' over Zoom like you can in person.
 

3rd rail land

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2019
Messages
752
Location
Where the 3rd rail powers the trains
Doing sufficient exercise. I find running boring and I don't own a bike so cycling wasn't an option.

In normal times I play squash regularly and even my violin activities, mainly playing in orchestras, technically count as exercise. These were all put on indefinite hold and I didn't even attempt to find alternative exercise options.
I did however start playing tennis again as soon as the LTA/Government said we could as my squash club also has 8 tennis courts.
 

Essan

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2017
Messages
616
Location
Evesham / Lochailort
Finishing the decorating. At least I have done more than I would probably have managed otherwise ..... Hopefully should finish the house by 2030
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top