• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What did I see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
Joined
21 Nov 2016
Messages
3,199
Last Friday lunchtime I was on a Eurostar departing Brussels-Midi and while we were traversing the 30kph flyover to the south/west of the station, I noticed in the sidings down below us a very striking, blue diesel locomotive. It reminded me very much of the classic DB locos that were used as the basis for the Class 42 and 43 Warship locos manufactured on licence in the UK in the 1950s. It had the large rounded bonnet, high slit-like windows and a very rounded cross section, not in any way angular.

Does anyone know what it was?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top