From the thread about the proposed Cheltenham Racecourse station:
Is it excessively harsh to say that the existence of heritage railways should take a low precedence in the list of things to worry about when considering if lines should be re-opened? While I'm sure they are something that forum users think on the whole are a good thing, I think it's reasonable to suggest that where a potential re-opening is considered important enough on its merits to go ahead, a heritage railway shouldn't be allowed to block that.
If I'm wrong, I'd be interested to hear why.
By the way, how would this co-ordinate with the heritage railway?
Is it excessively harsh to say that the existence of heritage railways should take a low precedence in the list of things to worry about when considering if lines should be re-opened? While I'm sure they are something that forum users think on the whole are a good thing, I think it's reasonable to suggest that where a potential re-opening is considered important enough on its merits to go ahead, a heritage railway shouldn't be allowed to block that.
If I'm wrong, I'd be interested to hear why.
The Midland Railway Station Master's House Fairfield Buxton