• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What connections is my ticket valid for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamclayton95

New Member
Joined
24 Nov 2014
Messages
1
Hi,

I purchased tickets online to get from Birmingham New St to Kingston. The first set is from Birmingham to London Euston which both have specific times. Its the next set of tickets I am worried about, I do not know what trains they are valid on!

Any help would be much appreciated as I leave tomorrow!

I have attached pictures of my tickets, hopefully they work!
 

Attachments

  • 20141124_150932.jpg
    20141124_150932.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20141124_150936.jpg
    20141124_150936.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 59
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2006
Messages
6,727
Location
Milton Keynes
the tickets you show are your train tickets, the ones which have specific times are reservations between Birmingham and Euston. Your tickets are only valid between Birmingham and Euston if you have both ticket and reservation. The bit between Euston and Kingston is not reservable and you can use any train on a valid route
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
They are valid on "appropriate connecting services".

When you bought the tickets, you will have been provided with an itinerary displayed on the website and emailed to you (and should also be visible online by logging in to your account).

For Euston-Kingston, simply take the Victoria Line to Oxford Circus, which is a cross-platform easy interchange to the Bakerloo Line to Waterloo. From there, take the first available service from Kingston. There are plenty of facilities at Waterloo if you have a wait, but trains are frequent.

On the return, make sure you are at Kingston station in good time for the train you were advised to catch, to ensure that you are covered in the event of delays. You may take an earlier appropriate connecting train if you wish, that's your choice, but a later one would be an ill-advised risk.
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
Alternatively you can take the Victoria Line direct to/from Vauxhall and take a train from there to Kingston. All trains to Kingston stop at Vauxhall, and it is probably the recommended option in the itinerary you received when you booked.
 
Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
Alternatively you can take the Victoria Line direction to/from Vauxhall ....
True, but when I tried to do this I was rather confused as to which platform to go to at Vauxhall, I had to resort to going online and by that time had missed the optimum train. I then had to stand as as all seats were taken at Waterloo.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top