Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
It says "Must be a 5-digit number or 8-digit-character code" but there's nothing like that on there. I wasn't given a "normal ticket" I was given something larger, and paper, that has a QR code. I'm trying to claim for a Gloucester to Great Malvern journey that arrived ~half an hour late.
If so, after you've entered your journey details you'll be to choose your ticket type. Select "E-ticket/M-ticket" instead of "Paper Ticket". You'll then need to upload a scan or photograph of either the barcode or the a booking confirmation if you received one by email.
It says "Must be a 5-digit number or 8-digit-character code" but there's nothing like that on there. I wasn't given a "normal ticket" I was given something larger, and paper, that has a QR code. I'm trying to claim for a Gloucester to Great Malvern journey that arrived ~half an hour late.
I've never seen anything like it. I tried to use the TVM but the screen was made illegible by bright sunlight, so I was forced to go to the ticket office. I expected to be given a standard ticket, but she have me that.
I've never seen anything like it. I tried to use the TVM but the screen was made illegible by bright sunlight, so I was forced to go to the ticket office. I expected to be given a standard ticket, but she have me that.
If you're using the web form at https://delayrepay.gwr.com/ you need to select "E-ticket/M-ticket" instead of "Paper Ticket" and then upload that exact photograph.
I've never seen anything like it. I tried to use the TVM but the screen was made illegible by bright sunlight, so I was forced to go to the ticket office. I expected to be given a standard ticket, but she have me that.
Purchase flexible single/return tickets & Travelcards – in 3 clicks, at face value with no fees. Every British rail fare shown, railcard discounts included.
www.brfares.com
The short version of that is just "GWR ONLY" so I guess it's got the wrong text against it, as if it was an actual AP one the short version would be "AP GWR ONLY".
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I've never seen anything like it. I tried to use the TVM but the screen was made illegible by bright sunlight, so I was forced to go to the ticket office. I expected to be given a standard ticket, but she have me that.
It's what's commonly known as "bog roll tickets" on here, or more correctly PRT (Paper Roll Ticket), it's sort of an e-ticket but sort of not. Tickets sold on board are generally of that type but some booking offices are now using them too.
If you're using the web form at https://delayrepay.gwr.com/ you need to select "E-ticket/M-ticket" instead of "Paper Ticket" and then upload that exact photograph.
Purchase flexible single/return tickets & Travelcards – in 3 clicks, at face value with no fees. Every British rail fare shown, railcard discounts included.
www.brfares.com
The short version of that is just "GWR ONLY" so I guess it's got the wrong text against it, as if it was an actual AP one the short version would be "AP GWR ONLY".
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Yep, 24716.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
It's what's commonly known as "bog roll tickets" on here, or more correctly PRT (Paper Roll Ticket), it's sort of an e-ticket but sort of not. Tickets sold on board are generally of that type but some booking offices are now using them too.
Whenever I've bought a ticket on board a train (within recent years) I've always been sold a standard ticket. When I wasn't in the past I got given a print out that had to be exchanged at a ticket office.
TBH these tickets were a bit of a pain because they are far too large to fit into a ticket wallet so I had to resort to folding them up to get them to fit!
I was given one of those at Birmingham New Street ticket office when the machines failed to produce my Advance ticket. As stated, they are a nuisance as they don't fit (in my case into my phone wallet case slot) without a lot of folding, which makes it bulky. Was glad when the journey was over and I could get rid of it.
If you're using the web form at https://delayrepay.gwr.com/ you need to select "E-ticket/M-ticket" instead of "Paper Ticket" and then upload that exact photograph.
Sorry, but it is completely unacceptable to expect passengers using the ticket office to understand that their ticket issued on paper is not a "paper ticket" according to the railway industry.
Sorry, but it is completely unacceptable to expect passengers using the ticket office to understand that their ticket issued on paper is not a "paper ticket" according to the railway industry.
Sorry, I managed to convince myself that the OP had received an actual e-ticket and then doubled-down on my mistake by not realising that the paper-roll tickets also have a "traditional" ticket number.
I think, at least, that we've conclusively demonstrated that GWR's process and guidance could do with some clarification!
The online GWR Delay Repay form seems reasonably clearly designed here (see attachment) - where it asks for "Ticket number or booking reference" there are 8 example pictures of tickets showing where to find it. All that's needed is a 9th example showing this "new" type of ticket...
I've never seen anything like it. I tried to use the TVM but the screen was made illegible by bright sunlight, so I was forced to go to the ticket office. I expected to be given a standard ticket, but she have me that.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.