• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What caused so many cancellations on Chiltern Railways today (28/09)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florence Rox

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2023
Messages
42
Location
Hayes
For the first time in a number of years, I travelled from Northolt Park to Aylesbury via High Wycombe. I got there OK, but when I tried to come home I was told my train, the 15:34 along with the 16:34, 18:34 and 19:34 were all cancelled due to staff shortages.

When I eventually arrived at Beaconsfield via a replacement bus, I found that several Oxford trains were cancelled too and there were no connections at Beaconsfield to Northolt Park.

Anyone know why this is, especially as Chiltern were running no trains via Amersham?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12LDA28C

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2022
Messages
5,058
For the first time in a number of years, I travelled from Northolt Park to Aylesbury via High Wycombe. I got there OK, but when I tried to come home I was told my train, the 15:34 along with the 16:34, 18:34 and 19:34 were all cancelled due to staff shortages. When I eventually arrived at Beaconsfield via replacement bus, I found that several Oxford trains were cancelled too and there were no connections at Beaconsfield to Northolt Park. Anyone know why this is, especially as Chiltern were running no trains via Amersham?

Not sure but the Met line via Amersham was closed for testing of the new LU signalling system and will be tomorrow too.
 
Last edited:

sammyg901

Member
Joined
24 Mar 2009
Messages
443
I noticed this too - I do not ever recall so many staff shortage cancellations! Especially since it was a reduced service anyway. They even cancelled the last train but did delay the last operating train to run to it's timing to avoid stranding anyone

Has been a difficult week with flooding across the network especially between Bicester & Banbury, they did a good job keeping things moving where possible via Oxford
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top