Arkholme Ghost
Member
The footbridge has been spruced up and the excellent pub has recently been opened but I saw this tweet from the MP which implies more is happening?
Anybody know what it is?
Anybody know what it is?
Indeed, the pub is superb, with ample undercover seating next to the platforms!The footbridge has been spruced up and the excellent pub has recently been opened but I saw this tweet from the MP which implies more is happening?
Anybody know what it is?
translation: eng, TPE are going to run a trainCat Smith MP said:some very exciting arrivals at Lancaster
It’s great news, just need TransPennine and Avanti to run some trains that will actually call there!Thanks, guys.
I popped to the station today and spoke to some of the platform staff - turns out there’s loads going on!
Apparently there’s going to be a curry house on the disused platform 6.
Additionally Network Rail are refurbishing the canopies and installing an office on the first floor on platform 3!
On top of that a Changing Places facility is being installed and all toilets refurbished.
Plus the Eden project!!!!!
I’m so EXCITED - Lancaster is going to be THE BEST station in the country - pub, curry house, accessible facilities, Eden and FANTASTIC staff.
So pleased it’s my local station.
Hopefully they'll redecorate the place, this was the calming decor last time I was up a couple of years agoinstalling an office on the first floor on platform 3

Thanks, guys.
I popped to the station today and spoke to some of the platform staff - turns out there’s loads going on!
Apparently there’s going to be a curry house on the disused platform 6.
Additionally Network Rail are refurbishing the canopies and installing an office on the first floor on platform 3!
On top of that a Changing Places facility is being installed and all toilets refurbished.
Plus the Eden project!!!!!
I’m so EXCITED - Lancaster is going to be THE BEST station in the country - pub, curry house, accessible facilities, Eden and FANTASTIC staff.
So pleased it’s my local station.

and a train home after 2300…!A curry house and a pub on the station.
That's pretty much my dream![]()
and a train home after 2300…!
Noticed the Pub yesterday, will need to come back to sample.
On my visit from Australia in very late September 2022, I scheduled a tour at excellent Lancaster Castle and enjoyed it.
On my return, I patronised the Costa cafe at the station (I forget which platform) and it was busy, as was the island platform.
Hasn't the Costa since closed?
I though Lancaster was a beautiful station with loads of attractive historical features. Loved the canopies on platforms that must be essential on rainy days.
Loved the canopies on platforms that must be essential on rainy days.