• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Westbury to London alternative route excess

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2014
Messages
13
I recently travelled from Westbury to London on an anytime return ticket route "Newbury", travelling up at peak time to Paddington. The fare was £167.50 with a travelcard. On the way back, it turned out to be more convenient for me to travel from Waterloo via Salisbury. On enquiring at Waterloo ticket office, I was informed that I would have to excess my ticket to a ticket routed "Any Permitted" for an additional £24, even though a ticket on the route via Salisbury is considerably cheaper. I have looked at the very useful fares guide on this forum regarding change of route, but I am not certain as to whether it was right to charge this excess for travel on a cheaper route. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
The ticket office was incorrect. The Route WARMSTER-SALSBRY fare was cheaper so no excess fare was due.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top