• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Wales Rover on Avantix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
Joined
31 May 2011
Messages
2,651
Location
Wigan
How do you find this product on a guard's ticket machine?

I will be in Wales very early on Thursday so it is a precaution against ticket offices being shut and me being sold another ticket.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Delta558

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2013
Messages
94
If you end up talking to the guard, I think it's in 'Secondary services - Rover enquiry' on the machine and then they can search for it using WWD or (I think) West should bring it up.

You mention being 'very early' - note the time restriction: Not valid on trains timed to depart after 04:29 and before 08:45;)
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,575
Be mindful that, if I remember correctly, ATW guards are no longer using Avantix, instead the new Fujitsu systems as discussed elsewhere.
 

Gathursty

Established Member
Joined
31 May 2011
Messages
2,651
Location
Wigan
You mention being 'very early' - note the time restriction: Not valid on trains timed to depart after 04:29 and before 08:45;)

Thank you for the warning there. I'll re-jig my plans accordingly!
 

headshot119

Established Member
Joined
31 Dec 2010
Messages
2,051
Location
Dubai
Be mindful that, if I remember correctly, ATW guards are no longer using Avantix, instead the new Fujitsu systems as discussed elsewhere.

It's not gone live over most of the network yet. As the official launch is somewhat delayed. Still Avantix in that part of Wales.

Guards down there have never had any trouble selling me that particular ticket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top