gir0011
New Member
Hello everyone
Apologies if this is a repost. I have posted a hour ago but the thread disappeared from my account, so I was unsure about whether it has gone through.
I am deeply regretful of what I have done and acknowledge that this was fully my fault and misconduct. I have been short faring from Gravelly Hill to Birmingham New Street (single journey), selecting Duddeston as the outward station which saves me 20p. I have done this for 7 times on Uber.
The officer stopped me at the gate and I lied saying that I was traveling from Duddeston, but he easily found out that the train did not stop there. I panicked and said that I regularly buy tickets from Duddeston but today have travelled from Gravelly Hill because I went to my GP there. However that was again a easily found lie as I could not describe structure of Duddeston station when I could for Gravelly Hill.
He then turned on the recorder and started interviewing me, which I stupidly said the same thing again without telling honest truth. I signed and provided my information and was given a notice with reference number.
I have read other threads on the forum, I will very happily pay any cost if they are willing to settle out of court. However I am really worried about them not even giving me the chance to write a genuine and honest letter like others did and send me to court directly.
Would you advise to contact them at this stage to rectify the lie that I have told today? Many thanks for any opinions from you.
Apologies if this is a repost. I have posted a hour ago but the thread disappeared from my account, so I was unsure about whether it has gone through.
I am deeply regretful of what I have done and acknowledge that this was fully my fault and misconduct. I have been short faring from Gravelly Hill to Birmingham New Street (single journey), selecting Duddeston as the outward station which saves me 20p. I have done this for 7 times on Uber.
The officer stopped me at the gate and I lied saying that I was traveling from Duddeston, but he easily found out that the train did not stop there. I panicked and said that I regularly buy tickets from Duddeston but today have travelled from Gravelly Hill because I went to my GP there. However that was again a easily found lie as I could not describe structure of Duddeston station when I could for Gravelly Hill.
He then turned on the recorder and started interviewing me, which I stupidly said the same thing again without telling honest truth. I signed and provided my information and was given a notice with reference number.
I have read other threads on the forum, I will very happily pay any cost if they are willing to settle out of court. However I am really worried about them not even giving me the chance to write a genuine and honest letter like others did and send me to court directly.
Would you advise to contact them at this stage to rectify the lie that I have told today? Many thanks for any opinions from you.
