• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Trains free car parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteb

Established Member
Joined
30 Mar 2011
Messages
1,698
I usually travel from my local station for trips of a week or more. Sometimes, however, I need to travel from a West Midlands Railway station as there are better- timed last train services. I drive to these.

Most car parks in the West Midlands Area are free of charge. Does anyone know the maximum stay permitted? I couldn't find anything on the websites. I'd hate to leave my car for a week and find it's been towed away! But they must have some rules to prevent cars being abandoned for long periods. Any advice gratefully received.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Benjwri

Established Member
Joined
16 Jan 2022
Messages
3,328
Location
London
If you're able to let us know specific stations members might be able to be advise, it wouldn't likely be possible to advise on every car park as they may differ.

In general you should look on the car park signs themselves to see if a maximum stay is noted. If it is not noted then a maximum stay cannot be enforced. It's of course worth mentioning that the car could be considered abandoned once somewhere around the one month mark is reached, so I wouldn't leave it anywhere longer than that.
 

peteb

Established Member
Joined
30 Mar 2011
Messages
1,698
If you're able to let us know specific stations members might be able to be advise, it wouldn't likely be possible to advise on every car park as they may differ.

In general you should look on the car park signs themselves to see if a maximum stay is noted. If it is not noted then a maximum stay cannot be enforced. It's of course worth mentioning that the car could be considered abandoned once somewhere around the one month mark is reached, so I wouldn't leave it anywhere longer than that.
Specific stations I had in mind were: Sandwell and Dudley possibly for 10 nights, Hampton in Arden possibly 5 nights.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Specific stations I had in mind were: Sandwell and Dudley possibly for 10 nights, Hampton in Arden possibly 5 nights.
I've driven over to Sandwell and Dudley today. Whilst there are warning signs everywhere telling motorists to obey the railway bye-laws there's nothing on these signs that explicitly states a maximum stay. The signs are mainly outlining the dire consequences of parking outside designated bays, on double yellow lines etc.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top