• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Railway New Information Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rdeez

Member
Joined
7 Apr 2013
Messages
354
These have actually been on (some?) of the units a while - they were installed under London Midland. Not sure how widespread they are but pretty sure they're not on all the 323s.
 

mallard

Established Member
Joined
12 Apr 2009
Messages
1,304
Well, it's approaching the kinds of systems that are standard on the continent, but still a fair way off.

For reference, here are pictures that I've taken of the PIS screens on a French TGV and a German (ODEG operated) EMU:

zdzxc7qstvHIIstwgma6TYz0C2vx4dmF5uUH7QHdvwnUzr3IzyHhVJkkniaVzQ4BEZc5tm-xcK8rTo1OrAx_8hmYSoR__evr0tPg6xTrfwu5d0QWhimx427Vf2K8c0X_iUFPRAbcVTUE9LtYiREZLPWn3hpgV_RwXIAeyoU7szAOCXFGOYjblka3UYWD7liWcSDe6OuSyrrWN6tu80HqG5a1iq4998t6GuLb-YTq4ldQAjbaB-ey1tvtbd1eYpH9JujoZ6t-Xg9MdzhSNZ9WPjmmzU1nDY93oLcMU0aDe5R2thc3XzqxJTWCXhvQ3rW24CYRcKwsR4tmeN8gWfz2sPyQUpL6818elwY8uNt1lAHuKV4FSC2j1SWAfOBk39UZ0uhDLVTLZFkgvoE2hARnJPFCtXa9Yu4DU8gOWPW9H-WkfFcBxRCfawZDtn5M4HjahEbEUcA9ICsE1NJxv4FHJErR9qS2CBZU4bJgqqVlX0mUUl80pmYAEzc86eDNUwqgvKZBrgyYkIo5eRX-LAji1c08PMv8t0BnjHk76hcytzMgdeBm0cdSYycuHnBlfNx4RBOGWLF9LE0nPs69Qlny-43TdT-iTeaiyEjS4MYb3FgiNREDxrHbxJEQf8GkJIgjhrQ7O-E7IHpvLcUmRYx4llpKR4o6AlMosQ=w944-h708-no


Kczv_xw7ud-A9B2OZ44Ij-_8-iztcnEdO-teN8B0rsuDk9SMcLVCCc3aHoRgCsbvRlMjWJs1vDGQdT3fM9K0T6WbzcEM8G_JfYaRW4HqgF_fCxcflbST5kW9ldD_yXzjLjMnPsPceC-U6bvviqzvDpdEIxzli_903T1eiWBiEkT3RbUecJrh28IRGhe3PtPDfWY26EjG_nuxF2LevLmMkV_uGbP8AuLPgP7RAXScT0ORVUS6jwFRoHCs9q2cBnD9wA5rgpLyG3Ppj9gwxT4pMX4w7BElwcSJY8smi70Vd5dUsSuLbN2cLnqxi__zGoAT2-7guPkyGekSCVDCRuAw3p_fwQGKSjpKBXZWKA9fHgNRPFEm7R5vwhPI4GOB74edZZ_elUyfPr_zU6lDrHGwAau8cisXPw-xHLTmSzzh6w_ANr9crpl8o_2WMxv4sOZM7w168tPs08Ni40oxq1gnlZMxNGVsBLi4DczwuPY1vma_UTiGKKnzWqPbSxvubxEln9Z8JbkA0o1ov6QA47RjioGEEdSLdtfB_EpxhzoAPp1WHen0KXJoV2adWBTG71KHgm1eeHXDwNBpzdlE97vryX3-8dtyylwO19S_qtFjw8sKDMSqbsU1ozOweW6aCaYAPRCUzFzHam1bPn4Pk9AbABFS54dbBSgMPg=w944-h708-no


(Apologies for the size of the images, I don't have any facility to crop them available to me at the moment.)

Europe puts the UK to shame when it comes to this sort of thing. Even though our trains are made by the same companies, who (I assume) would be happy to install one of these systems if the operator is willing to ask for it. I suspect the reason comes down to price; informing passengers just isn't worth paying money for in the UK rail industy's opinion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top