• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Metro - News & Discussion

spp

Member
Joined
8 Dec 2024
Messages
137
Location
wolverhampton
Readers were installed at some Zone 1 stops (I noticed St Paul's, Bull Street, Corporation Street and Grand Central) overnight on Friday into Saturday, though they were still bagged up. Possibly trying to get them in ahead of the Conservative Party Conference.
Sorry think we maybe slightly off what we are calling readers. I was referring to just the basic shell of what I presume to be a tap in/out reader. These have been on all stops for months (and then quickly covered up with blue plastic so I can’t be sure if an actual reader itself is contained)

Are you saying that these have been added to in some zone one stops and theres a visible reader now there.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,489
Location
London
Sorry think we maybe slightly off what we are calling readers. I was referring to just the basic shell of what I presume to be a tap in/out reader. These have been on all stops for months (and then quickly covered up with blue plastic so I can’t be sure if an actual reader itself is contained)

Are you saying that these have been added to in some zone one stops and theres a visible reader now there.
When I got to Birmingham on Friday afternoon the plinths at the three stops in question were uncovered, just as they had been on my previous trip to Birmingham.

By the time I left on Saturday morning they were bagged up and definitely had something more substantial than just the base present at St Paul's and Grand Central at least (given those were the stops I boarded and alighted at.) They were bagged at St Chads, Bull Street and Corporation Street as well but I didn't alight to investigate further.
 

Top