• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Day Ranger parking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

StripeyNick

Member
Joined
25 Apr 2012
Messages
411
Location
Cowbridge, S.Wales
Hi folks

I'm having a trip out on Tuesday using a WMDR then finishing my day with getting the Colas 47s on the RHTT at Ledbury.

The problem I'm having at the moment is trying to decide where would be best to start from in terms of ease of getting to and parking. (I'm needing to drive as getting the 47s prevents me from using the train to the nearest start point of a WMDR for me

I live just outside Cardiff so have been thinking about driving up to Hereford to catch the 9:40 to Brum as I need the Hereford to Worcester line plus then I'm not to far from Ledbury at the end of the day.

Someone has suggested starting at Ledbury as that is easier to get to off the M50 from Wales than Hereford plus it'd save the drive in the evening but from what I can see, there is very limited parking there.

So, are there any better alternatives for me to start my trip at that have good parking facilities and that aren't too far off the M5?

(I can leave doing Hereford to Worcs for another time if needs be)

Cheers in advance! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top