• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands - Cross City fare anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle

Member
Joined
18 May 2009
Messages
128
Just wondering if anyone happens to know why southbound Cross City fares connecting to other services are more expensive from Wylde Green than Sutton Coldfield, when Wylde Green is one stop closer to Birmingham?

Example, travelling today on an Anytime Day Return:
Sutton - Leamington £16.90
Wylde Green - Leamington £17.50.
No BoJ restrictions as far as I can see, and I use either station depending on availability of lifts home / where I am beforehand; obviously I’m going to buy a ticket from Sutton Coldfield and start short if required.

It’s not the first time I’ve seen this.

Just can’t work out why it’s this way or if I’m missing something obvious!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,378
No obvious reason for it. The prices don't seem to be set as a cluster from the CrossCity stations, as the fare from Four Oaks to Leamington Spa is more expensive. CrossCountry, as faresetter, must have applied an incorrect adjustment at some point.

A journey where a Daytripper and Daytripper Plus works out cheaper if going off peak (and avoiding CrossCountry outside the West Midlands).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top