• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Highland lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobrobert

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2011
Messages
13
Location
Dumbarton Scotland
I seem to remember last year that there was an announcement by First Rail that from March this year the number of trains daily would double to six. Does anyone know if it is happening or was I dreaming about it?:D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gathursty

Established Member
Joined
31 May 2011
Messages
2,651
Location
Wigan
I can't answer definitely but any increase would be welcome. It is a spectacular line but I'd imagine fraught with capability issues due to it's single track. Ideally, I'd like to see the increase on Fort William journeys with shuttles used for Oban at Crianlarich and the Mallaig extension. I think Oban trains are ran with Fort Williams but get detached at Crianlarich.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top