TheGrandWazoo
Veteran Member
I wouldn't have thought you would get a bus of any size up Scotland Lane....
Dave
I can imagine the response of people encountering a bus in that road. Mental!
I wouldn't have thought you would get a bus of any size up Scotland Lane....
Dave
I wouldn't have thought you would get a bus of any size up Scotland Lane....
Dave
I wouldn't have thought you would get a bus of any size up Scotland Lane....
Dave
I've been on a coach going up there many times
Vosa are seeing registrations for September, are we going to see a Cityfox bus service this year?
Vosa has seen had all the registrations in by now for September.
It would be very unlikely we would see anything for Cityfox anyway. I suspect he'll do his usual Christmas Day/Boxing Day service(s), but apart from that I doubt we'll see any bus services for a while. I wonder what vehicle Rhys has planned to buy this year for the service.
I thought that was Stockwood Lane? Either way, they're a ballache to drive in a car let alone a bus/coach though Scotland Lane is moderately less of a faff. That and it being closed each winter for weeks at a time!
Was the Omnicity actually sold? It was on Nigel Mccree's site for a while.
Was the Omnicity actually sold? It was on Nigel Mccree's site for a while.
The first service of the deregulated era (to my knowledge) to use Stockwood Vale between Stockwood and Keynsham was 685 which ran between Keynsham and the then Gateway Offices at Hengrove Park. During the late 80s, there were also Badgerline services 336 and 337 which ran beyond Keynsham to Whitchurch then Stockwood (336) or Hartcliffe (337), usually with Nationals.
During the later era of half hourly minibuses running on 336 (alongside a half hourly 337 curtailed to Keynsham), it always ran via Stockwood Vale, then on to Hartcliffe and Withywood. Driver shortages made the service hellishly unreliable at times.
When Badgerline decided the 336 was not commercially viable, it was reduced to a few journeys each day in either direction and a tender for supplemental journeys between Keynsham and Withywood was won by Silverwing, operating as 636. Badgerline eventually gave up on 636 altogether and a revised tender for Withywood - Keynsham was won by CityLine, later Eagle and Eurotaxis (neither of whom offered a service likely to encourage patronage).
Now for the relevant bit: During the time that Eagle were operating the service, there was a lengthy spell when Stockwood Vale was closed altogether and during this period, 636 operated an emergency timetable and route via Scotland Lane and Hicks Gate.
Bristol City Council decided the project was no longer worth funding around 2004, when some bright spark regularly driving the Friday 640 for Somerbus suggested that he could do a trip from Whitchurch in to Keynsham between trips on that. Aside from some juggling of days of operation since then, it has barely changed since.
Well it was trundling around Bristol City Centre in April/May time. Last I heard was they weren't allowed to park it at CT plus anymore.
Saw that OmniCity last month in a layby just off the M4 on the A46 Bath road, no idea what it was doing there
Depends if there's any fueling or cleaning facilities there![]()
Believe it's facilities are more popular with, ahem, "dog walkers"![]()
Believe it's facilities are more popular with, ahem, "dog walkers"![]()
Oh so fueling and cleaning of a different sense then.![]()
As is everything in business for some people........How repulsive.
It was on a private hire and parked there because it's free !
As is everything in business for some people........![]()
surely a bus would not be using those kinds of car parks that's just peoples minds going into overdrive....
there is a vosa testing station next door.....
but as Rhys has said the bus was just parked up would any one question it if it had been a first / wessex or stagecoach bus parked up in the same area?
NOTHING in life is free!
However, I'm sure most people who know the traditions of that layby would tend to avoid it as they might get a reputation.
And it confirms that Stagecoach have indeed got the 622.changes for South Gloucester for July and September now showing on South Gloucester website.
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/transpo...hool-transport/buses/changes-to-bus-services/
changes for South Gloucester for July and September now showing on South Gloucester website.
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/transpo...hool-transport/buses/changes-to-bus-services/
So eurotaxis are entering back into the bus world again. Oh goody.