So apparently Edwards Coches are coming to Bristol, and taking over SGBC national express work.
Is it a buy out?
SGBC just lost out when the services were retendered?
SGBC have quit and downsizing again?
When is this happening? What is happening to coaches and drivers SGBC have now? Talk of an Edwards Avonmouth Depot?
So apparently Edwards Coches are coming to Bristol, and taking over SGBC national express work.
Is it a buy out?
SGBC just lost out when the services were retendered?
SGBC have quit and downsizing again?
When is this happening? What is happening to coaches and drivers SGBC have now? Talk of an Edwards Avonmouth Depot?
I've asked the question on the NX Coaches Yahoo Group re: SGBC & Edwards
Courtesy of Simon Nicholas, can confirm as follows:
It is understoof that Roger Durbin is retiring & SGBC will continue on a smaller scale but without NX work.
Edwards Coaches are taking over SGBC NX work from May 2017
It suggest the Edwards Coaches Avonmouth depot may well be correct,
Hope this helps.
I'm interested to see if the additional weekend workings on the 040 Bristol to London route and the 318 Bristol to Birmingham route will also transfer to Edwards.
Been noticing a lot more instances recently of Applegates providing dupes on the 040 route but SGBC always seem to provide dupes on the Bristol to Birmingham route when they're required.
Approval has been given for the sale of Swindon-based Thamesdown Transport.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15065285.Bus_company_sale_given_the_go_ahead/
Dave
Has it been Applegates Levante?
Apparently, of all operators, Eurotaxis have picked up some NX work. Let's see how long that lasts....
They've picked up a portfolio of school runs and some rail replacement work, so I don't see why they shouldn't do OK with NX work.
I guess that Swifty, likes me, remembers the days of Eurotaxis operating various SGC tenders (or not operating them as the case was on many occasions)
i lived in easton when they took over 585 and 586 as was then -now 506. they were the pits. unreliable. unsuitable van vario vehicles. just gave up on it after a while and walked out to stapleton road. they took over evenings on 52 and 18 then too. the 18 evnings an sundays were usually 8 seater taxi transits.
Despite having lived in Stoke Gifford for nearly 18 years, I don't remember seeing them on the 18 at all; perhaps that shows how unreliable they were!
When did they have those contacts?
I think the 18 was around the same time as they did the 73 to the Airport. I left Stoke Gifford in 2005 and can remember them before I left...Despite having lived in Stoke Gifford for nearly 18 years, I don't remember seeing them on the 18 at all; perhaps that shows how unreliable they were!
When did they have those contacts?
I think the 18 was around the same time as they did the 73 to the Airport. I left Stoke Gifford in 2005 and can remember them before I left...
Wells route 67 has been saved now - Mendip Community transport are running it. Some of it without funding from SCC.
Webberbus went bust due to poor management. There would have been some viability in 14, 10, 101 and 67 if Webberbus didn't operate it.It's good to see all the routes that Webber operated have now been taken over! Although now seeing how hard some of the routes were I can understand why Webber went bust!
Wessex service changes:
PH1066711/129 Cancelled
WESSEX BUS LTD
Route: Haviland Park, Weston to Dorchester Street, Bath via Royal Hospital
Service number: 14
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 21 Apr 2017
PH1066711/50 Registered
WESSEX BUS LTD
Route: University of Bath to University of Bath via Royal United Hospital
Service number: 20A (20C)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 01 May 2017
Looks as if First has won on the 14 then.
Do we know what is happening on the 20A /20CWessex service changes:
PH1066711/129 Cancelled
WESSEX BUS LTD
Route: Haviland Park, Weston to Dorchester Street, Bath via Royal Hospital
Service number: 14
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 21 Apr 2017
PH1066711/50 Registered
WESSEX BUS LTD
Route: University of Bath to University of Bath via Royal United Hospital
Service number: 20A (20C)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 01 May 2017