THarris123
Established Member
Changes to Crosville services again in Oct just gone through VOSA - 14, 16, 100, 103/x3, 105/5
Would be better if the 42 actually said Odd Down P&R
Otherwise not bad looking!
S627ETV providing some heritage traction on the 922 on it's first day. Plain white so could be justa loan from SGBC.That was my reaction! The VOSA details give a few more clues however:
PH1127501
Name ANDREW DONALD ROSLING
ACORN TAXIS
RUDGEWAY,BRISTOL,BS35 3SF,
Operating Centres Vehicles
PEGASUS PARK,GIPSY PATCH LANE,PATCHWAY,BRISTOL,BS34 6QD 6
Transport Manager: RICHARD DURBIN
Whilst I usually catch the X39 on a Friday, I opted for the 904 instead to get one last day on the Citaros.
Just my luck and the 0800 departures from Brislington was in the hands of a Dart! Fingers crossed for a Citaro this afternoon.
Also I hope that CT Plus pick up more work, rather than withdrawing from Bristol. They seem a professionally-run outfit and have operated the Park & Ride well.
This would appear to be the end for CT Plus in Bristol; I think the Southmead contracts have now finished?
They have done a decent job on the Park and Ride though the much promised refurbished artics never did come.
They drove a lot of people away at the beginning of the contract, BCC cocked up there!
Can you elaborate? I've found the Park and Ride really good since I started working in Bristol in June. Cheers.
Also I hope that CT Plus pick up more work, rather than withdrawing from Bristol. They seem a professionally-run outfit and have operated the Park & Ride well.
I would say from my experiances of waiting around for missing 902 Park and Rides on Saturdays that I'll be happy to see them go.
For anybody that's thinking of coming for the 'last bendi' day tomorrow please be aware that the Portway (And Long Ashton but that's not bendi) park and ride sites will be very busy as there's a 'see how much mud we can create on the Downs' event in the afternoon with extra buses from those sites.
The 901's time to shine (on it's last day!) Although 20 mins ways always madness! Although the last few months, it has got busier! I know money must be saved but I would of liked it to have been dropped to every 30 mins first of all.
At least until a Portway P&R railway station is built (if it happens)
Did a journey this evening on the new Wessex 51. I wanted to see what it was like on an evening peak journey now that Wessex has taken it over. I got the 1645 Broadmead-South Bristol Hospital service. I got to the Broadweir stop at 1635. A 2 came along just a few minutes later. A fair number of people onboard that service. And about a dozen people boarding at Broadweir. A few minutes later I saw the 376 on the other side of the road with the 1635 Bristol-Street service. Anyway, the 51 turned up on time at this bus stop at 1647. A Gemini. With nicer seating compared to the usual seating on First's Gemini's. Probably about half a dozen people boarding this service, and probably about a dozen people already on there. Took a few minutes to depart here for some reason, despite only about a half a dozen people boarding. We departed at 1650. At this time no other 2's since 1637 had arrived/passed. The bus picked up a fair number of people at all stops to Temple Meads. And upon departing Temple Meads, there was a fair old number of people onboard - probably about 3/4 full I'd say. A lot of people in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's on their way home from work or wherever. Hardly any pensioners! The bus arrived at the Broad Walk stop about 1720, which is 18 minutes later than timetabled but there was fairly heavy traffic and a fair number of people boarding the service.
I got back to the bus stop on Wells Road about 1750 for the journey home. I wasn't intending to specifically get a 51 back though. Just whatever bus came first to get to Broadmead, or a 2 to get me to Clifton Down. But at this time however the next bus display screen was showing the following:
51 Broadmead 6 mins
51 Broadmead 17 mins
376 Bristol 48 mins
No mention of a 2 on there! The next First bus wasn't for another 48 minutes according to that! But as you will know, those next bus display things are not particularly accurate! There MIGHT have been a 2 along in about 10 minutes or so. But I don't know when the next 2 actually turned up after that, because the first bus that turned up was a 51. So I got on that. This time it was a Scania Omnicity doing the honours, not been on one of these buses before myself. Pretty nice bus. There was probably only about a dozen people onboard throughout the journey to Broadmead. But then at this sort of time of evening for a bus heading into town, you wouldn't expect many people onboard anyway.
So to summarise. A fair number of people using the new Wessex 51 at peak times by the looks of it. I think Wessex will do pretty well this service.....
Has anybody managed to get a timetable for the Flights 51 service from Traveline?
Searching for service 51 brings up '51 FH Wessex Red' but clicking on it brings up First's 50 service!
Just searched for route 51 Bristol & Wessex 51 timetable comes up now problem
Dosent for me.
The timetable reference it gives is:
http://www.travelinesw.com/swe/XSLT...EFA04_46192332&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=FH1
Which is the correct route number but it comes up as service number 50 with the 50 timetable and the PDF link shows First Bristol/service 50.
Dosent for me.
The timetable reference it gives is:
http://www.travelinesw.com/swe/XSLT...EFA04_46192332&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=FH1
Which is the correct route number but it comes up as service number 50 with the 50 timetable and the PDF link shows First Bristol/service 50.
S627ETV providing some heritage traction on the 922 on it's first day. Plain white so could be justa loan from SGBC.
51 had all of 4 people on it this morning when I saw it
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Abus Y555 out on 349 today
They've also appeared to have brought another 54 reg Citaro from Gloucester P&R
Lots of interesting fleet out on the Bristol University open day shuttles
Plenty of SGB Olympians were working as well as at least one RATP Air decker. Also, one Turners had various coaches out. Pride of place were a Routemaster and, my fave, Abus' VR XHK221X that I followed down Whiteladies Road
North Somerset/David Fricker also provided their VR (VDV 134S) - preserved in Southern National cream & green; looks very smart.