• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Coast Motors Service 478

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterblue

Member
Joined
25 Jun 2018
Messages
614
Location
Lancashire
I'm looking to travel on this in May between Dunoon and Colintraive to go to Bute. I looked at the timetable (https://passenger-line-assets.s3.eu...tors/WCMO/478-timetable-20251020-82544cac.pdf) but it appears there's an almost 5 hour gap between 0847 and 1327 which seems odd. Does this service get a seasonal enhancement in frequency like a few other routes in the area? I also seem to remember a direct route to Rothesay, but I think that was withdrawn a while ago. So I think now I will need to go to Colintraive first, then get a ferry over to the Isle of Bute.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CMBS

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2026
Messages
102
Location
Scotland
I'm looking to travel on this in May between Dunoon and Colintraive to go to Bute. I looked at the timetable (https://passenger-line-assets.s3.eu...tors/WCMO/478-timetable-20251020-82544cac.pdf) but it appears there's an almost 5 hour gap between 0847 and 1327 which seems odd. Does this service get a seasonal enhancement in frequency like a few other routes in the area? I also seem to remember a direct route to Rothesay, but I think that was withdrawn a while ago. So I think now I will need to go to Colintraive first, then get a ferry over to the Isle of Bute.
Direct route to Rothesay was withdrawn when COVID restrictions came in 2020 and the 478/490 connection at Colintraive via the ferry has replaced it since.
Cowal routes typically stay the same year round.

Do mind we are still on winter timetables.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top