• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Coast friday chaos..

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
I was trying to get home from NMP yesterday evening. As far as I could gather 1N86 was cancelled and 1U38 terminated at NMP, so three trains' worth of people piled onto 2Y18. When I got to the station at 1802 (departure 1805) they were making tannoy announcements for people to wait 20 minutes for 1Y86. Platform staff tried to tell me I couldn't get on the train (there was still room; I'm used to SET suburbans in the morning!) but there was no way I was holding on to 1Y86 which would no doubt already be stuffed as it started at BHM.

Arrived only around 10 minutes down at EUS, so we got off very lightly.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bengolding

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2008
Messages
700
Location
Wentworth, Surrey
Thankfully my train from Wilmslow to Euston went through. The previous one terminated at Rugby and the next an hour later was cancelled. We stood at Crewe for 40 minutes and then a super run as far as Tring, where we were then diverted onto the slow to Watford. Eventual arrival 75 late with Euston concourse in chaos as expected. No on board check in Frist either.
 

calc7

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
2,097
I was at Euston yesterday in the Britannia pub on a table overlooking the concourse. It was absolutely rammed. When the 1857 STD-only MAN service was announced the amount of movement was phenomenal.
 

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,874
Location
East Anglia
I was at Euston yesterday in the Britannia pub on a table overlooking the concourse. It was absolutely rammed. When the 1857 STD-only MAN service was announced the amount of movement was phenomenal.

The Virgin trains effect at Euston is very very impressive. Always a busy station but the Pendo effect has been something to behold. I can sit on the Brittania's balcony & just watch it get better every time i visit.
 

tsr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
7,400
Location
Between the parallel lines
The Virgin trains effect at Euston is very very impressive. Always a busy station but the Pendo effect has been something to behold. I can sit on the Brittania's balcony & just watch it get better every time i visit.

See also: London Waterloo and London Bridge - just different TOCs and train classes...
 

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,874
Location
East Anglia
See also: London Waterloo and London Bridge - just different TOCs and train classes...

Why is it every time i go to London Bridge i seem to be going the opposite way to the flow & get caught in the crush? :roll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top