• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wensleydale Northallerton West Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Good morning,

Having just received a timetable from the Wensleydale Railway, I was wondering if they do not use Northallerton West Station as it's not shown and there does not seem to much on their website about it....Just Curious.

Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
There was flood damage recently as well which has been fixed to an extent but barred to passenger use. I think it's back in for gala use in July
 

The Lad

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2015
Messages
408
I suspect that it is not much advantage to them to operate to Northallerton normally (no parking or road access)
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,942
Location
Fenny Stratford
I suspect that it is not much advantage to them to operate to Northallerton normally (no parking or road access)

other than the easy walk to a mainline railway station and the symbolism of reaching the largest town in the area I think you are right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top