• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welsh Highland Railway Centenary Weekend July 30/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Luxton

Established Member
Joined
23 Nov 2014
Messages
2,041
Location
Liverpool
I have been planning to go to this event for some time and have accommodation booked.

Tickets only went on sale about 10 days ago priced at £60 for a day rover (20% discount for FW / WHR members) + £2 handling.

I must say the price did seem a tad on the high side compared to what has been charged for previous day rovers for FWHR Galas.

However, I booked. Ticket arrived by post today.

An email arrived early this evening:

"Hello
Please see amended booking. Your Day Event rover is now upgraded to include both days instead of just one, at no extra cost.
Your one day Rover ticket will be accepted both days. There is no need to change your ticket.
Regards

The Events Team"

Interesting!

I notice now on line that the booking is £60 for a Two Day Rover.

Wonder what is going on?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Luxton

Established Member
Joined
23 Nov 2014
Messages
2,041
Location
Liverpool
Maybe they have not sold many at £60 ?
That appears to be the obvious answer I was just waiting for someone else to say it!

The price did raise my eyebrows a bit.

Unless there has been an admin mistake and the tickets were meant to be £60 for two days but they went on sale over 10 days ago!
 

eMeS

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2011
Messages
954
Location
Milton Keynes, UK
We were in this wonderful area a few years ago, and bought tickets to get us from Portmadoc to Caernarfon and return. We were disappointed in that our time in Caernarfon was quite short, not allowing us to sensibly visit the castle. I don't think our outward journey was delayed (I remember the tender being coaled at Dinas? but can't remember whether it was on the outgoing or return journey) and I have wondered if the problem is an "hours at work" limitation. Certainly, if we do visit the area again, I'll use my car from Portmadoc so that we can visit the castle.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top