merlodlliw
Established Member
This is breath of refreshing air, asking groups to participate away from Cardiff Bay.
This was sent to me, if anyone wishes to see the original with contact details PM me, where rail user groups don't exist in parts of Wales I am sure individuals may be welcome to represent their area.
This was sent to me, if anyone wishes to see the original with contact details PM me, where rail user groups don't exist in parts of Wales I am sure individuals may be welcome to represent their area.
To Rail Interest Groups around Wales by e-mail
18 November 2014
Dear Colleague,
The Welsh Government Minister for Economy, Science and Transport has asked officials to ensure that we are aware of the views of rail interest groups on rail matters in Wales, for example, future timetable changes.
While we have well established contacts with some groups, such as the Community Rail Partnerships, I am writing now to seek to ensure that we do provide all interests with an opportunity to register views.
Accordingly, in an attempt to make this manageable for all, I would propose that there are two initial stages of action.
In the first place, I should be grateful if anyone who wishes to participate would send me a short note including their key views on rail matters. Please try to keep this brief and let me have your headline views divided between positive and negative. If there are any publications you would like to refer me to, please also enclose them.
Secondly, I would propose to convene a number of events seeking to cover all areas of Wales whereby we could meet for you to be able to put these views forward in person. I would seek to have these facilitated.
I would suggest that the first should be held in December at Shrewsbury, given its position as a railway hub, and should cover north and mid Wales.
Early in the New Year, I would then suggest that we do the same in west Wales, say in Llanelli or Swansea, and south Wales, say in Cardiff or Newport.
Please let me know if you would like to participate, and if so, which meeting you would like to attend.
I should be grateful if you would be able to reply to me about the meetings, and enclosing your papers by Friday 5th December to the following e-mail address:
Address removed
I should also appreciate it if as well as replying direct to me, you could copy your papers to the following email address, and indicate your availability for the potential December meeting in Shrewsbury:
Address removed
I attach a copy of the address list for this letter for your information.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely
Rail Team
Public Transport Division