• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weird observation on T&W Metro this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten2340

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2011
Messages
338
Location
Gateshead
Whilst heading to Regent Centre I've noticed that under the driver CCTV screens (the ones which let them see down the platform) at Central, Haymarket and Jesmond there has been signs put up which is basically a black arrow on a white background with a red border and the arrow points to the platform. I can only imagine that this is to remind the driver which doors to enable but do they really need such a reminder? Are the visuals as the approach the platform and the CCTV not enough?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
I haven't seen them but will look out for them when I'm next on. Black arrow on white background normally goes with a spped restriction sign for a diverging route, but won't be the case at those stations.
 

Kryten2340

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2011
Messages
338
Location
Gateshead
They've done the same thing on the southbound platforms at the same stations. Black arrow on a white background with a red border pointing to whichever side the platform is on so to the left for Jesmond and to the right for Haymarket and Central.
Monument has nothing on either side. Well platforms 1 and 2 that is.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
I'll have a look next time I'm on the system - probably is just a reminder (like SPAD reminders for conductors on some trains).

Also, it might be in place for some engineering work involving those stations - might be running wrong line? Shot in the dark with that one.
 

Kryten2340

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2011
Messages
338
Location
Gateshead
I was checking this again today and the signs are about the same size as the ones that indicate a speed restriction on a diverging route but the arrows on the ones under the CCTV screens are half the size. Only take up half of the length of the sign.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top