• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weekend Jobs on the Railways (SE area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicdanny

Member
Joined
7 Mar 2010
Messages
542
Location
Kent, UK
Hi, I'm just wondering if Railway companies have weekend part time positions, I always look at Southeastern but only ever seen "management" or engineering positions and vary rarely conductors or driver positions. I was wondering if any of either Southeastern, Southern, London Overground or in fact any around London show their part time positions online? Or is it a case of keep looking?

I'm only looking for weekend roles mainly because i have a mon - fri role, and only need it to essentially save for a rainy day! (if that makes sense)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Z12XE

Member
Joined
30 Sep 2005
Messages
876
I suspect the only thing part time you will find is Casual work for Customer Service type roles for large events or engineering work
 

atomicdanny

Member
Joined
7 Mar 2010
Messages
542
Location
Kent, UK
I'm beginning to think the same thing although Southeastern in particular don't seem to advertise any of the platform staff positions online I've noticed but then again i don't look every day!
 

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,827
Location
Back office
Hi, I'm just wondering if Railway companies have weekend part time positions, I always look at Southeastern but only ever seen "management" or engineering positions and vary rarely conductors or driver positions. I was wondering if any of either Southeastern, Southern, London Overground or in fact any around London show their part time positions online? Or is it a case of keep looking?

I'm only looking for weekend roles mainly because i have a mon - fri role, and only need it to essentially save for a rainy day! (if that makes sense)
Virgin Trains do, occasionally. There are definitely weekend only and casual roles with on board workl


 

notadriver

Established Member
Joined
1 Oct 2010
Messages
3,737
Hi, I'm just wondering if Railway companies have weekend part time positions, I always look at Southeastern but only ever seen "management" or engineering positions and vary rarely conductors or driver positions. I was wondering if any of either Southeastern, Southern, London Overground or in fact any around London show their part time positions online? Or is it a case of keep looking?

I'm only looking for weekend roles mainly because i have a mon - fri role, and only need it to essentially save for a rainy day! (if that makes sense)

London Midland are always short on Sundays for drivers.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Very rarely do I see long term part time jobs advertised - it is either a full time position or they get someone in to do it on overtime.
 

atomicdanny

Member
Joined
7 Mar 2010
Messages
542
Location
Kent, UK
Thanks :), although I had honestly forgotten about Virgin Trains! although none at the moment but then again I've applied to them before and got the usual "check your spelling, grammar etc - which wasn't really much help!), although I do have a link for all the train companies somewhere (but obviously ignore Northern, ATW, Merseyrail etc! for obvious reasons!)


London Midland are always short on Sundays for drivers.

Something tells me that a Part Time Train driver role doesn't exist (especially for one day!)
 

First class

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2008
Messages
2,731
820493 said:
Something tells me that a Part Time Train driver role doesn't exist (especially for one day!)

At least one company I know well employs people to drive trains for 14 hours per week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top