• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weekend First on LNER Inverness - London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willyjohn

New Member
Joined
10 Aug 2019
Messages
2
I was going to book a first class ticket to Inverness from Kings Cross but noticed you can upgrade a standard ticket to first class on board or at the station. Does that mean, if I had bought the first class then exactly the same benefits would be there if I upgraded ? Also I noticed no hot food is served at weekends. Is this correct. Would not First class payers not be aggrieved by diffence and by the fuller cabins of upgraders?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
I was going to book a first class ticket to Inverness from Kings Cross but noticed you can upgrade a standard ticket to first class on board or at the station. Does that mean, if I had bought the first class then exactly the same benefits would be there if I upgraded ?
Yes, providing there is space available. I've been on trains where the Guard has announced Weekend First is unavailable due to high loadings.
Also I noticed no hot food is served at weekends. Is this correct.
Yes; details are on their website: https://www.lner.co.uk/the-east-coast-experience/first-class/menu/
Would not First class payers not be aggrieved by diffence and by the fuller cabins of upgraders?
If it's full, no further upgrades will be sold.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top