• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Website / App / Database - European Traction and Japanese Track Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

47593

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
58
Location
Walton on Thames
Hi, I use Trainlogger (all Browsers) and SpotLog (phone)…. and I wondered what else was out there for the European / Worldwide spotter? (SpotLog has most Euro stuff but not all).

Ideally I would like to find all European DMU/EMU and Locos (not bothered with coaches and wagons). Also Japanese…

On the subject of Japan, are there any track atlases either in print or online??

P
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dutchflyer

Established Member
Joined
17 Oct 2013
Messages
1,550
As for maps: there certainly were in print-both in Japanese of course-the country does seem to have also a load of dedicated railfans, and incidentally also in /en/. As I am now not @home, cannot give data, also dont know if still available-but changes in Japan are not that many. Due to its special tri-languages system, Japan does also seem to stick longer and more as in the west to printed books/maps etc. There is also a fairly big Railway/fan Club, that also issues/prints a lot of such things. I remember also a complete tramwaysystems atlas.
The LRTA, based in UK, also once issued 3 volumes on the many private railways+local systems-but must have been pre 2000. You may perhaps find some 2nd hand ones.
ONline; dr google via openrailwaymaps/Japan leads into wiki pages that do seem to show also various maps etc.-these load vary slowly to where I am now-so check yourself. What I remember is also that one needs to have a certain knowledge as to how railways and its many private companies and geography work over there, otherwise you will get lost in the enormous amount of data.
Those atlases mentioned also had broad fleet listings-not very specific, but I am hardly interested in that, so leave it to others for more.
 

47593

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
58
Location
Walton on Thames
As for maps: there certainly were in print-both in Japanese of course-the country does seem to have also a load of dedicated railfans, and incidentally also in /en/. As I am now not @home, cannot give data, also dont know if still available-but changes in Japan are not that many. Due to its special tri-languages system, Japan does also seem to stick longer and more as in the west to printed books/maps etc. There is also a fairly big Railway/fan Club, that also issues/prints a lot of such things. I remember also a complete tramwaysystems atlas.
The LRTA, based in UK, also once issued 3 volumes on the many private railways+local systems-but must have been pre 2000. You may perhaps find some 2nd hand ones.
ONline; dr google via openrailwaymaps/Japan leads into wiki pages that do seem to show also various maps etc.-these load vary slowly to where I am now-so check yourself. What I remember is also that one needs to have a certain knowledge as to how railways and its many private companies and geography work over there, otherwise you will get lost in the enormous amount of data.
Those atlases mentioned also had broad fleet listings-not very specific, but I am hardly interested in that, so leave it to others for more.
Hi,, thanks for the feedback. I have Googled, but not got far. I shall try harder.
 

Gostav

Member
Joined
14 May 2016
Messages
541
There is a website about track diagram of Japan railways include JRs and private railways.

Although there are several books about track diagram in Japan but l don't think they have English version.
BM2j7K0aiKyzud2kfkni6g__.jpg

 
Last edited:

47593

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
58
Location
Walton on Thames
There is a website about track diagram of Japan railways include JRs and private railways.

Although there are several books about track diagram in Japan but l don't think they have English version.
BM2j7K0aiKyzud2kfkni6g__.jpg

Hi,

Amazing - thanks!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top