• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weardale Railway Charter Train from NCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Is anyone going on this coming Saturday's Steam charter from NCL to The Weardale Railway-Stanhope via the Blyth & Tyne lines north of NCL and Ferryhill etc, I am, it souds Like it will be a good day/interesting route?. (An excuse for a southerner like me to wear a Magpies Footer Jersey I was given when up there some time ago!)
l think the loco has been altered from the one that was orig planned. Just await to get the times from the steaminfo website.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Mar 2010
Messages
11,577
Location
Macclesfield
Yeah the loco has been changed, it was originally booked for 5690 "Leander", it'll now have 8F 48151 on the train instead.
 

spoony

Member
Joined
18 Sep 2008
Messages
479
Location
Roker Park, Sunderland. Next to the Stadium of Lig
Is anyone going on this coming Saturday's Steam charter from NCL to The Weardale Railway-Stanhope via the Blyth & Tyne lines north of NCL and Ferryhill etc, I am, it souds Like it will be a good day/interesting route?. (An excuse for a southerner like me to wear a Magpies Footer Jersey I was given when up there some time ago!)
l think the loco has been altered from the one that was orig planned. Just await to get the times from the steaminfo website.

Cheers.
[/QUOTE]

Remember to take it off when you visit Wearside:-x;)
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Best place to wear one is Wearside and Teesside! Shows who has the most supporters...
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Thanks for the replies....Saturday's Weardale special steam trip was very good, although there was a bit of hanging around in sidings & loops etc, it would of been good to have had a bit longer at Stanhope, but never mind good running and scenery on a interesting and unusual route. (PS. wore the Magpies Footer Jersey - No probs- (I did notice a loan guy wearing a Chelsea one at NCL Central Stn-thought he was taking a bit of a risk.)
 

scotsman

Established Member
Joined
6 Jul 2010
Messages
3,252
Weardale must be doing well from all these charters this year. I could have visited, but opted for 8 hours in York instead.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Weardale must be doing well from all these charters this year. I could have visited, but opted for 8 hours in York instead.

Hopefully it will continue, although I don't think it will - the 'novelty' factor will wear off soon, especially when the Bathgate line opens. Good thing it has the passenger service and coal freight to keep it going as well.
 

scotsman

Established Member
Joined
6 Jul 2010
Messages
3,252
Hopefully it will continue, although I don't think it will - the 'novelty' factor will wear off soon, especially when the Bathgate line opens. Good thing it has the passenger service and coal freight to keep it going as well.

I know SRPS did well on the York-Stanhope mini-tour, an awful lot of folk were pouring off the train when I came back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top