• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML North Career Scenarios Losing Points Driving Pendolino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,494
Location
Yorkshire
Currently done half way from Carstairs Jn to Lockerbie on a career scenario and already lost over 1000 points due to what appears to sideways motion. Been a while since I did a HS CS with the Pendo (having done one last night with a max speed of only 95mph between Glasgow, Motherwell and return) but I seem to recall having the same issue before.

As I am still part way through the scenario, I don't have the evaluation yet, but where I am losing points is on sharp curves where linespeed is probably 110+

In some cases the linespeed has been 125mph and (partly due to a service in front) I have been doing only 110-115mph and still lose points hand-over-fist = miffed!

Anyone else experienced this?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Now complete and was "Drive Quality Sideways"

This is after it ending with an "Invalid Consist" over an hour after leaving Carstairs and literally in Carlisle Station!

I am wondering, however, if the program has got a bit stuffed as on arrival at Carlisle, two carriages were missing (not sure if they came off en-route or if they were just not showing) off the back and although the HUD knew I was in Carlisle station, the track diagram thought I was by the signal in rear (or just past it) and I was getting AWS warnings for signals long past (causing me to SPAD one without it realising!) and speed limits not applying until later than they should. I therefore cannot be sure speed was a factor and if the track diagram was suggesting a higher permitted speed than was permissible in this case.

Any comments still welcome, though :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alan1310

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
187
I have the same sideways thing I have emailed rsc about it with no reply
 

jon91

Member
Joined
18 Oct 2010
Messages
307
Location
Blackburn
The Career scoring system is a steaming pile of poop, it won't take into account the tilting ability of the Pendolino hence the losing points on the curves when travelling at EPS speeds.

I doubt that there is anything wrong with your copy of the game, more likely the basic coding of the game engine which dates back to 2007 and the original RailSimulator released by Kuju. RSC inherited this and have done nothing but make it shinier and improve the performance.

I say this yet I've had it since 2011 and have clocked over 2500 hours according to the Steam guilt-inducing device... :oops:
 

bairy

Member
Joined
19 Sep 2013
Messages
41
I too have had the same penalising. I've found that some of the scenarios don't appear to have been tested at all as some break. One that I forget the name of has you run a pendy one way then return however you can't return because the points are against you, the signal on red and if you spad you derail.

Thankfully for steam owners there are some brilliant and perfectly working user made scenarios out there.
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,579
Location
Taunton or Kent
This is after it ending with an "Invalid Consist" over an hour after leaving Carstairs and literally in Carlisle Station!

I am wondering, however, if the program has got a bit stuffed as on arrival at Carlisle, two carriages were missing (not sure if they came off en-route or if they were just not showing) off the back and although the HUD knew I was in Carlisle station, the track diagram thought I was by the signal in rear (or just past it) and I was getting AWS warnings for signals long past (causing me to SPAD one without it realising!) and speed limits not applying until later than they should. I therefore cannot be sure speed was a factor and if the track diagram was suggesting a higher permitted speed than was permissible in this case.

Any comments still welcome, though :)
I've had this as well. What happens is those two coaches somehow become detached and run separately 1/4 to 1/2 a mile behind the train roughly. Don't know why this happens but you can see this if you click free roam camera and go back along the line until you see the coaches.
 
Joined
4 Jan 2011
Messages
449
Location
Nelson
I have a similar problem with the WCML north aswell, with the fact that half the scenarios won't load because there are lots of missing markers, even though the markers are there
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top