Basically this is just me venting. I recently moved to Washington DC from London and I am finding the Metro totally infuriating, here's a few reasons why.
Poor signage and badly lit stations makes it often impossible to find out where you are from the train.
Very poor frequency outside of peak hours - every 20 mins is standard.
Stations unable to cope with volume of passengers
SO many broken escalators - 3 out of 4 in my local station
Lots of randoms stops in tunnels, trains not quite aligning with platforms right and edging along.
Some odd problem with doors, with them often taking 20 seconds or more to open at stations.
I think that's it. Suffice to say it's driving me mad and making me nostalgic for the tube!
Poor signage and badly lit stations makes it often impossible to find out where you are from the train.
Very poor frequency outside of peak hours - every 20 mins is standard.
Stations unable to cope with volume of passengers
SO many broken escalators - 3 out of 4 in my local station
Lots of randoms stops in tunnels, trains not quite aligning with platforms right and edging along.
Some odd problem with doors, with them often taking 20 seconds or more to open at stations.
I think that's it. Suffice to say it's driving me mad and making me nostalgic for the tube!