I was at Warwick station the other day and in the ticket office they have a board which has about 5-6 historical pictures of the station.
One of them showed a big old steam engine that had been derailed. I asked the ticket staff but he didn't know anything other than that it had probably happened "in the 1960s".
It was on the Platform 1 side. The train was upright but clearly off the rails. It was aligned as if there was a third set of rails going up the embankment and had stopped just short of the station!
Does anyone know anything about it?
One of them showed a big old steam engine that had been derailed. I asked the ticket staff but he didn't know anything other than that it had probably happened "in the 1960s".
It was on the Platform 1 side. The train was upright but clearly off the rails. It was aligned as if there was a third set of rails going up the embankment and had stopped just short of the station!
Does anyone know anything about it?