• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warrington Bank Quay-Chester-valid via Crewe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

158757

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2007
Messages
501
Looking at going on a North Wales Rover on Saturday and splitting fares at Warrington to save a couple of pounds on a Lancaster-Chester through ticket £15.65 vs £19.85. In the evening connections are a bit poor and NRE advises me to go back via Crewe and pick up a train to Preston there. This train does call at Warrington, however would I be valid doing that on a Warrington-Chester ticket?

Thanks as always
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
Yes, that's fine.

There are some other options, it depends on how far you want to push it!

Lancaster to Manchester is valid via Warrington and Crewe, and is £9.25 for a CDR. (I think going via Crewe may attract unwanted attention, but it is valid).

Liverpool South Parkway to Chester is valid via Warrington and Crewe for £2.90 CDR. (Going via Crewe would also likely attract attention, but is technically valid).

Also Lancaster to Liverpool South Parkway is valid via Warrington, it's £10.10 for the SOR which would get you a free first class upgrade on Virgin.
 
Last edited:

janb

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2008
Messages
835
Lancaster to Manchester is valid via Warrington and Crewe, and is £9.25 for a CDR. (I think going via Crewe may attract unwanted attention, but it is valid).

I did use a Lancaster - Manchester CDR as far as Crewe the other day, and then a West Midlands Day Ranger to get to Birmingham. I went with printouts expecting a fight, but neither Virgin TM said anything (and on the return was checked between Crewe and Warrington).
 

158757

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2007
Messages
501
I did the same, again no problems (Also had reservations). Thanks all for the replies, much appreciated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top