• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warning passengers when detonators are about to go off

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamWW

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2012
Messages
6,022
I was recently on a failed train that needed to be rescued by another one. Detonators were placed for protection. When they went off, some of the passengers were clearly alarmed (and seemed to appreciate my explanation afterwards of what had just happened).

To any train crew reading this, can I suggest that in such a situation it would be useful to warn passengers in advance that there are going to be some loud bangs and they aren't anything to worry about?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,902
To any train crew reading this, can I suggest that in such a situation it would be useful to warn passengers in advance that there are going to be some loud bangs and they aren't anything to worry about?
Crew are already instructed to do this, at our place at least.
 

AdamWW

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2012
Messages
6,022
Crew are already instructed to do this, at our place at least.

I'm glad to hear that.

If that's the case on this occasion the instructions weren't followed, despite ample opportunity to do so. (And the guard was otherwise doing a reasonable job at keeping people informed of what was going on).
 

LowLevel

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2013
Messages
8,928
It's one of those things that I suppose can escape your attention when you've got our hands full, despite good intentions.

I always mention the dets in such circumstances.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top