• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

wanted: Bachmann class 158 DMU in Northern Rail livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,049
Location
Yorkshire
Does anyone have one of the above for sale? MUST be Northern livery.

Or ideas of shops that may stock it (location can be anywhere, but I am based Leeds).

Need to be able to collect today (Sun 22nd) or tomorrow (Mon 23rd).
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
I think you'll be lucky to find one for sale that you can collect in such a short time frame. The Northern Rail 158 was released some years ago now (2009 I think), so I guess secondhand dealers (maybe Rails of Sheffield, though they tend to put secondhand stuff on ebay), model railway forums and auction websites are probably the most likely sources, but even then it's a tough ask.

Good luck.
 

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,049
Location
Yorkshire
Yes I think you're right.

Are there any other Northern Rail models that are more easily available?

There was 5 on ebay a couple of months ago :(
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
Hornby did a 153 and 156 in Northern Rail livery, but I suspect the same situation apples there, and are about to release a 142 (too late for you though). Bachmann are set to release a 150, but again this is too late for you. Real Track Models may have released their 2-car 144 model (about £110), they might allow collection, but may have to send special delivery.
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,664
Location
Hampshire
Hornby did a 153 and 156 in Northern Rail livery, but I suspect the same situation apples there, and are about to release a 142 (too late for you though). Bachmann are set to release a 150, but again this is too late for you. Real Track Models may have released their 2-car 144 model (about £110), they might allow collection, but may have to send special delivery.

The Northern Rail 142 has been out for a while now, probably the best part of 2 years. You should be able to find a few though, but at £90 a pop compared to the Realtrack Super Detail 144 at £100-110 Then many 142s were pretty much sidelined. Realtrack should have a few 144s in stock though. As for Bachmann, no idea unfortunately where you'd be able to find a Northern 158 as soon as possible - Have you given Hattons a call as they do deal in second hand models as well? And Bachmanns re-motored 150/2 is due out sometime next year along with the FGW version.
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
The Northern Rail 142 has been out for a while now, probably the best part of 2 years....

Oh really? I'm sure it said 'preorder' last time I was on the Hattons website (I don't often look for OO gauge stock), ah well, I can't be right all the time.
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,664
Location
Hampshire
Oh really? I'm sure it said 'preorder' last time I was on the Hattons website (I don't often look for OO gauge stock), ah well, I can't be right all the time.

What you might have seen was this?
No longer available
Is this item actually in stock? No

This item has sold out and we are unfortunately unable to obtain any additional stock of this particular product.

I think the Northern Rail 142 was one of the 2012 range releases, although I seem to remember it being in Modelzone around winter 2011.
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
What you might have seen was this?


I think the Northern Rail 142 was one of the 2012 range releases, although I seem to remember it being in Modelzone around winter 2011.

I doubt I got that far, probably saw 'pre-order' on the small image on the 'catalogue' page before the product details page and left it at that.....
 

David Goddard

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
1,515
Location
Ely
31-514 (the cat number appears to have been used for an SWT 159 as well)
Class 158 2 Car DMU, Running Number 158791, in Northern Blue, Purple & White Livery

A lovely, well presented model, they come up on eBay from time to time, most recently for around £74.00.
I got mine from an exhibition last year, cant remember what I paid but was probably about £60.
Also waiting for the NT 142 (Hornby) and 150 (Bachmann) to complete my fleet alongside 153/156 (Hornby) and 144 (Realtrack)
 

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,049
Location
Yorkshire
Thanks folks. I shall keep an eye on ebay etc, with a view to getting one for his birthday instead
 

Alistair G.

Member
Joined
16 Jun 2013
Messages
355
Location
Leicester
I'm fairly certain I saw one of these at my local model shop, "the signal box", anstey (Leicestershire). Their number is 0116 236 2901 if u want to ring and check. Always very helpful staff and they do provide a DCC chip fitting service if required.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top