• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wallyford Station closed for emergency repairs (15/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainp

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2020
Messages
22
Location
Musselburgh
Does anyone know what's actually happened to close it at short notice for, aparently, a number of days?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,298
Isn't this affecting journeys in both directions between Edinburgh and North Berwick? Wallyford has two platforms, so I'm guessing that the issue isn't just damage to one of the platform edges.

P.S. The piece in the online version of the "East Lothian Courier" yesterday didn't shed all that much further light on the issue.

Extract(s)...
East Lothian Courier said:
TRAINS are not calling at Wallyford Railway Station this morning (Thursday) as “urgent” repairs are to be carried out.

ScotRail has flagged up the issue and urged commuters to use the app for journey information.
East Lothian Courier said:
For more information, visit ScotRail’s social media.
 

eoff

Member
Joined
15 Aug 2020
Messages
725
Location
East Lothian
Great for me as I was able to go from Prestonpans to Dunbar this afternoon.
I had forgotten how poor this service was for frequency but was reminded when I tried to come back.
 

AMD

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2017
Messages
774
To quote the notice about the closure "due to the severe spalling of the block in the beam and block construction platforms."
GRP trench sheets are being placed over the damaged areas - these I saw were sitting on pallets on the platforms yesterday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top