• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Walking the Gwendraeth Valley line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenchurch SP

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2021
Messages
211
Location
Merstham
The last train was in 1996 and most of the track is still there but is also a public footpath.
Don't see much of the railway in the first part but in the others I've included some captions with limited historical information. I would have liked to have gone more in depth and maybe also explored more of the colliery sites but I was only in the area for a couple of days and I hadn't done much prior research so I missed some opportunities.




 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Western 52

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2020
Messages
1,672
Location
Burry Port
Amazing to see how overgrown it is now! It's local to me and I've walked it too over the years. As well as the Kidwelly to Cwmawr section, most of Coedbach to Burry Port is also walkable, with a tarred path.

I remember triple 03s and later the 08/9s on the line. Good memories!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top