• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wales to Paddington trains much slower

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDrew

Member
Joined
12 May 2014
Messages
35
Just travelling back from Newport to Paddington (timetabled to leave at 1632 and arrive at 18:47). This takes 46mins more than the train in the opposite direction yesterday. I cannot figure out why. Route seems to be the same except train additionally stopped at Didcot Parkway. I know trains sometimes run slower on a Sunday but this is getting on for 50% slower than the outward journey! Any ideas why? Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,471
Location
Yorkshire
There appears to be some engineering work between Reading & Paddington, it seems one pair of tracks is out of use.
 

djkenrob

Member
Joined
21 May 2011
Messages
6
This thread has reminded me, I booked South Wales to London for early 27 Dec and the train is timetabled to arrive Marylebone not Paddington. Is PAD closed and will it be a HST service all the way into Marylebone? I have been travelling from South Wales to London for 30 years and never experienced a service terminating at Marylebone but looking forward to it! :D
 

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
This thread has reminded me, I booked South Wales to London for early 27 Dec and the train is timetabled to arrive Marylebone not Paddington. Is PAD closed and will it be a HST service all the way into Marylebone? I have been travelling from South Wales to London for 30 years and never experienced a service terminating at Marylebone but looking forward to it! :D

Information re GWR going to Marylebone has already been posted. Rather a lengthy thread, but if you start at Page 2, you should find some info. The link to the thread is:-

www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=120386
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top