• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wakefield to London via Doncaster hull trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkswatcher

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
105
So basically I travel to London with EC from Wakefield unless they are a lot more when I travel on the 7:18 Doncaster to London Hull trains service. With me getting the 06:27 XC or 06:33 NR services from Wakefield.

It has only happened once that the Northern Rail service has let me coming into Doncaster. Where I was then given a voucher to travel on the next service to London.

But I now notice that 06:52 EC now stops at Doncaster and arrives at 07:10. Now what would happen if I got this service and was late into Doncaster. Would they allow me to stay on the train or would I have to get off and wait for the next London service.

Thanks all.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
5,466
Location
Cambridge
I'm not sure I fully understand your question? Are you travelling on Hull Trains Only advance tickets? If so, you would have to wait for the next Hull Trains service. That is unless you can get your ticket endorsed (unlikely though).

Since I presume you are travelling on split tickets, you could even be on slightly shaky ground with regards to travelling on the next Hull Trains service (although going into that would be opening up a debate that has raged on for many months/years!).
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,309
Unlikely that you would be allowed to stay on the East Coast service onwards to London, if you were holding a Hull Trains advance ticket from Doncaster to London, even if East Coast were responsible for late arrival into Doncaster.
 

Yorkswatcher

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
105
Yes holding advanced HT tickets.

I have never been made to wait for next Hull trains service if any HT trains has been cancelled or if the line between Wakefield & Doncaster was down. Have always been allowed on the next service to London and the time when the NR train failed coming into Doncaster again I was allowed on the next service to London.

I think there is a stupid time gap between the 07:18 and the next Hull Trains service.
 
Joined
21 Oct 2010
Messages
1,040
Location
Leeds
If you know its going to be late before you get to Doncaster just go find the guard and explain, knowing Leeds guards as i do i reckon at least half of em would say yes
 

Yorkswatcher

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
105
Tried it today and sure enough the 06:52 EC service from Wakefield was late and then managed to get into Doncaster 8 mins later.

Luckly the 7:18 Hull Trains service was held outside the station for EC trains to arrive and depart Doncaster.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top