Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I have the public timetable for that year if that would help, but of course that doesn't have passing times. Kirkgate to Horbury itself was consistently 7 minutes.
I am writing a book about a well known unresolved murder, One witness was a train driver who said he left Wakefield Kirkgate driving a passenger train at 3.45pm on Saturday 9th October 1964 towards Horbury Junction,
I'm looking for confirmation of the 3.54pm time. I'm sure as a driver he would live by the clock and would be right, however the evidence is cructial to my investigation so I need to be 100%.
A photocopy of the timetable would be very much appreciated.
The timetable would only give you the booked time not the actual time.
To be 100% certain you would need a copy of the signalman's register from the boxes controlling that stretch of line.
However where these would be now I have no idea.
It was 1965 and the time was 15.54 thus it would be the 15.54 to Sowerby Bridge via Horbury . Not to Barnsly as I had assumed.Many thanks for that it really helps.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.